Tuesday, February 22, 2011

13 Months Old

Well, I've decided not to continue my Letters to Lane each month. But I am going to continue to do a monthly post with the fun and new things that she's doing so that I can remember years down the road. I may even include a few pictures. :-)



So, at 13 months, Lane:

*says "mama," "dada," and "ne-ow, ne-ow" (meow, meow) anytime she sees a cat.
*sometimes says "nite nite" or "nana" (banana).
*uses sign language for "more" and "all done."
*still just has the five teeth. Another one should be popping through any day though.
*walks backwards.
*walks backwards in order to squat and sit in your lap.
*waves bye-bye regularly (again, after a few-months hiatus).
*loves to play peek-a-boo and to hide behind curtains, the couch, a blanket, whatever.
*does some of the motions to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." She loves me to "do the piggies" too (This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home...).
*can use a hairbrush and toothbrush, although not well.
*likes to give kisses through the shower door, her lips on one side and mine or Shannon's on the other.
*drinks from a regular cup pretty well.
*can get a fork or spoon into her mouth often.
*still likes to upturn her plate or bowl and throw food on the floor, but we're working on it.
*can walk up and down stairs if holding onto someone's hand or a handrail.
*sleeps 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. most days and takes one two-hour nap (most days...some days it's two one-hour naps).
*is still nursing once a day and drinking lots of milk and water throughout the day. She actually has a preference as to what she drinks from and which drink she wants, too.
*can correctly identify her tongue, teeth, head, and belly.
*can sometimes identify her ears and my nose.
*does hand motions for the monkey and the seal in Eric Carle's From Head to Toe.
*eats anything and everything, although she doesn't prefer meat. She also prefers to eat anything that is not given to her, so we usually don't serve her her own food anymore, instead making her "ask" for our food. After she's eaten a few bites we'll dish her up her own.
*wearing mostly 12-month clothes, but still wearing some 9-month tops.
*has gained a kilo (we think...according to the grocer across the street's vegetable scale) since her last doctor's appointment (when she was down in weight due to being sick for a week).
*can climb onto a bed or couch without help if she has a step-stool, and can get herself off of the bed or couch by rolling onto her tummy and sliding her legs off (most of the time).



And there you have it. Lane at 13 months. I still can't believe she's 13 months old! I'll probably be in amazement her entire life that she's as old as she is!

***If you enjoy my blog can you take a minute to go vote for me? Please? Just come to the blog and click here. That's all! Thanks!***

3 comments:

  1. what a little beauty :-) I'm doing a monthly post now for my little girl, and when my son turned three recently I wondered what had caused me to stop doing them for him every month. Then I realized that between the two of them I'd end up spending more time writing at that rate than I would actually spending time with them lol

    It's nice to keep little updates like this. They're so much fun to look back on. I still look back on my little boys all the time, and he's only 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing to watch them grow? I still haven't gotten over it. :)
    Does she walk backwards to sit down in your lap...with a book in her hand? Did Jessica ever do that to you? She always just assumed anyone sitting on the floor was doing so in order to read to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kecia, yes, Lane walks backwards with a book in hand and plops herself into our laps with a book. I love it. I don't remember if Jessica did that to me...it was too long ago! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!